Apply for Winter 2019
The Master in Architecture at the University of Luxembourg invites applicants who have received a Bachelor in architecture from Universities within or outside the EU. The requirement for the Master is a three-year study programme in architecture covering in principle 180 ECTS, or equivalent. Post-graduates in architecture are welcome to apply too.
The programme has a registration fee of 500€ per semester. The language of instruction is English. The programme is full-time, two-year and starts every winter semester.
- Identity photograph (to be pasted on the application form, not stapled) which meets the following criteria: size 45x35 mm, in color, against clear background. Photos taken in a photo machine or scanned photographs are not accepted.
- Copy of your identity card or your passport.
- Copy of the European health insurance card (both-sided) or a certificate of affiliation with a social security scheme indicating the period of validity (not mandatory for Non European Students).
- Copy of your university diploma.
- Copy of the translated version of your university diploma, if the original degree is in a language other than French, German or English (translated by a certified translator).
- Copy of the itemised transcript of all the marks obtained you can provide at the time of the application.
- Copy of the translated version of the itemised transcript of all the marks obtained, if the original transcript is in a language other than French, German or English (translated by a certified translator).
- Portfolio of design work (between 9 and 12 pages of work samples in A4 size).
- Letter of motivation (maximum 500 words).
- Detailed CV.
Applications for European candidates:
Online-application: 13.01- 26.06.2020
Submission of paper documents: by 03.07.2020
Applications for non-European candidates:
Online-application: 31.01.- 26.04.2020
Submission of paper documents: by 03.05.2020
Payment deadline (both EU and non-EU): by 06.09.2020
The application process for 2020-2022 is open. The application procedure requires an online registration and is processed through the University of Luxembourg website. Once we receive your paper documents, your application will be screened. If you are short listed you will be invited for an interview with the selection committee.
All candidates must prove language proficiency in one (or more, as appropriate) of the languages of instruction of the programme at level B2 (under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages – CEFR).
Language levels should be documented by candidates in the following ways:
Secondary/high school certificate from a school at which the UL teaching language was the teaching language or one of the teaching languages,
University degree (Bachelor of Master level) certifying completion of a programme in which the UL teaching language was the teaching language.
Internationally recognised test certificate dating from no more than a year ago, such as TOEFL, TOEIC or IELTS for English, DELF or DALF for French and GOETHE Zertifikat or TestDaF for German, in the teaching language(s) of the programme that corresponds at least to B2 level.
Secondary school diploma documenting at least 5 years of intensive language classes in the relevant language(s), with transcripts of marks achieved in language examinations.
Further details for all non-EU candidates.
All applications must contain:
A copy of the diploma or the certificate of achievement (with apostille or double legalisation)
A copy of all the transcripts obtained for the diploma (with apostille or double legalisation)
Proof of proficiency in one (or more, as appropriate) of the languages of instruction in the programme at B2 level (compulsory) (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages - CEFR)
The first two documents above must be provided with a certified translation if they are written in a language other than French, German or English.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.